Where is Reiki used in Sport?
Reiki is used extensively by the NFL:
Golfers Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus and Phil Mickelson, Jim Funk and many more also benefitted from Reiki
Reiki Within Sport
Reiki can help with sport, whether you are an individual or a member of a team. Reiki can improve all aspects of training, performance, stress and injury no matter what level you participate at.
To begin to understand how Reiki can help, it’s important to know Reiki’s significant properties.
- A Reiki treatment can leave you feeling uplifted, positive, and fully relaxed.
- Reiki can help calm the mind, reduce feelings of stress and tension. It can help to balance emotions, calming and clearing feelings of anxiety, worry, anger, etc.
- Reiki may aid stress relief. It can help with sleep patterns and get a good nights sleep.
- Reiki helps to boost the circulation system and the body and immune system. It helps to aid physical recovery and reduce pain levels.
- Reiki is a gentle, relaxing, therapy that can compliment medical and holistic treatments. It can be given alongside prescribed medication and will not exacerbate any physical or mental health conditions.
- Reiki will provide feelings of peace and harmony to the body, mind and spirit.
The Sports Person, And Their Performance To maintain and achieve great performance within your sport often dictates an intense and dedicated dietary, training and lifestyle regime. These factors alone may produce high stress levels and unexplained tiredness. Reiki works to alleviate the stresses of training and sport by working on your physical, mental, and emotional needs.
Reiki can do this by:
- Helping to gain control of habits, including your diet and, if necessary, addictions. It can point you in the right direction with regards to weight management and toxin reduction (alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, recreational drugs).
- Reducing feelings of stress and tension, enabling you to focus on your aims, goals and objectives.
- Aiding and reducing physical recovery time from injury, pain and inflammation thus getting you match ready
- Allowing balance of the mind, body and spirit, Reiki will calm and clear the mind, helping you to relax, be worry free, feel less stress, anxiety and fear.
- Boosts confidence and self-esteem, which will lead to enhanced performance and achieving your full potential
Reikis Physical Effects in sport
Given on a regular basis, you will find that Reiki can:
- Become accumulative, providing a continuous, ongoing impact.
- Will assist retrospectively, helping with older injuries, aches and pains.
- Can help to slow down chronic wear and tear conditions
- Will help to off-set the physical stress of the sport by:
- Improving performance
- Increasing recovery time from injuries; match tiredness and fatigue
- Enhancing and maximising the effect of sports training
- Helping to minimise the risk of future injury
Reikis Mental And Emotional Effects In Sport
Over time, Reiki can only have positive effects, it helps by:
- Boosting and enhancing mental clarity, enabling you to focus and concentrate on improving your performance.
- Releasing stress and anxiety, enabling you to relax. This will result in better sleep which can only aid with improving physical performance.
- Assisting in the management of emotional stress and pressure will help you, your team and your club
- Having restorative properties which in turn help to reduce tiredness and increase alertness.
- Relieving and dissipating emotional issues.
This will have a positive psychological impact, letting you let go of issues of anger; fear; anxiety and stress. This well help you embrace today and let you see with greater clarity and concentration as to how your performance, ability, and engagement can only improve.
- Boosts self-confidence, self-esteem, motivation and willpower in order for you to fully appreciate your self-belief in your talent and abilities and reach your potential.
- Brings a sense of calm, peace and general well-being which leads to you being focussed, stress free and brimming with confidence in your newly found physical and mental strength.
As Reiki can and will increase the well-being of the mental, emotional and physical aspects of an individual, therapy would be a great benefit to any sports person. Reiki has the ideal potential to reduce the risk of injury, improve recovery time and enhance performance. Reiki will greatly develop the individual which in turn will ensure that their club will profit from increased performance which can only lead to continued success.
The more that Reiki is practised the greater its effect. It can help to enhance general well-being as well as performance. All attributes to aid in keeping you in peak condition. Therefore, I strongly believe that the benefits of Reiki for an athlete will definitely have a significantly, noticeable impact on their aspirations, goals, determination, capability, motivation, self-esteem, and physical health.
Remember: Reiki works for the greater good of those who use it and cannot harm anyone!